City of Ember: A Geeky Tom's wet dream.

The Geek is going to love this, I'm going to love this, you will love this.

Gil Kenan has new film, the guy that brought us monster house, a film which I must say I was surprised I liked so much and was far darker than I expected. The source of the houses haunting is just evil genius.

The new project is called City of Ember, in an attempt to save humanity after some calamity or other (I love my detailing here) an underground city is built, namely Ember, duh. The catch is this city is only built to last 200 years, after that the people of the city are to open a box that tells them how to get out. The box his handed down generation after generation till it gets forgotten about and lost. dum dum duuuhh.

The look of this film, it has a real manga feel to it, the whole mish mash of industrial, archaic and sort of futuristic...erm stuff (I rule at the language today) just rocks my world. Gives me a real sense of wonder, makes the world seem alive. Anyway here is the trailer.




Sweet.

2 comments:

Geeky Tom said...

This film pleases me

PkmnTrainerJ said...

So, I have now read this book finally, following your recommendation, and I have enjoyed it and now I need the series more than oxygen.

Post a Comment