Battlestar Galactica - The Plan

Wow, I think this is going to be a historic moment. I'm going to publicly slate Battlestar Galactica.

You see I have just seen their new straight to DVD movie: The Plan. And to be honest I didn't like it. Maybe I have rather high expectations after enjoying the show as much as I did but it really didn't excite me what-so-ever...blasphemy I know!

It follows all four series from the Cylons' perspective. unfortunately it adds nothing to the overall plot, except to fill in a few small gaps with little tit-bits that I think it was have been better left up to us to mull over.

It's more like a collection of deleted scenes left out of the real show, cut together in to a two hours of blah. Sorry I'm getting harsh now and don't mean to be because I did enjoy it, it's just expectations are so high when it comes to BSG. I guess I was hoping for some major revelations, some gigantic twist that would have blown our collective minds. But it was not to be.

I guess the problem they had was how to cram four seasons of a show in to a two hour film, I don't think it can be done, they shouldn't even have tried but unfortunately they know they are on to a good thing and legions of fans will go out and buy it or watch it on Scifi...oh wait it's Syfy now isn't it lol.

Ok there is a bit that sticks in my mind, you get to see a wicked view of the orignal attack on the twelve colonies which does look fantastic. The CGI is always one of the BSG's best features.

Anyway I hope this is the last of the Battlestar addons because it could get old real quick. Don't do a Lucas, don't do a Lucas, don't do a lucas.



0 comments:

Post a Comment